Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
David G. Parker, D. D. S., a popular dentist of Riverside and well known in professional circles of that city, is a native of Alabama, where he was born in 1850, his parents being Peter and Nancy (Blackshear) Parker; the former a Northern man by birth, a descendant of the old colonial families of Massachusetts, by occupation a planter; the latter of German descent, the arrival of whose forefathers in this country antedates the Revolutionary period. When the Doctor was a mere lad his parents moved to Mississippi, settling in Clarke County, where he received his education, closing his studies at the Marshall College in Marshall, Texas, at the age of eighteen years. He then learned telegraphing and accepted the position of telegrapher and station master on the Mobile & Ohio Railroad at De Soto, Mississippi, where he remained for several years; during his spare time he educated himself and devoted much attention to the study of dentistry. He is possessed of untiring energy and perseverance, characteristic of, and undoubtedly inherited from, his New England ancestry; and, being determined to educate himself in a profession that he had chosen as a life occupation, he sought the schools of the North, and in 1880 went to Indiana and entered the Indiana Dental College at Indianapolis. He graduated with honor from that institution in 1882 and received his diploma as Doctor of Dental Surgery. He then established himself in the practice of his profession at Opelousas, Louisiana, where he remained until 1887. His failing health prompted him to seek his home in a more desirable climate: accordingly he came to California and located at Fallbrook, San Diego County. He resided in that place until the fall of 1888 and then established his residence at Riverside. He came to that city with the reputation of a skillful and educated dentist, and established his office in the Hamilton block on Main Street, between Eighth and Ninth streets. He is a gentleman of kindly, genial disposition and courteous in manner, and at this writing is fast gaining a lucrative practice.
Dr. Parker has cast his fortunes with Riverside and is building up a comfortable and pleas-ant home on Cridge Street in Hall’s Addition. In 1879 the Doctor was married to Miss Lulu D. Blackshear, a native of Alabama. They have three children, namely: Ashton J., Theodore K. and Mary Lulu.