4. THOMAS2 COBURN (Asa1) was b. Sept. 9. 1790; m. Feb. 11, 1817, Almira Stone of Cornish, dau. of Dea. Josiah and Hannah (Weld) Stone, b. Sept. 2. 1792, and d. Jan. 6. 1869. They lived in Potsdam, N. Y. Children: i. HORATIO NEWTON. b. Oct. 19, 1817: d. May 24, 1820. ii. HIRAM BREWSTER,
A partial transcription of the genealogies from the History of Cornish, New Hampshire. This is a work in progress, so check back monthly.
11. WILBUR WYMAN5 COLE (Daniel4-3, Ebenezer2, Ephraim1) was b. May 24, 1851; m. July 1, 1873, Clara Ella Hook of Cornish, dau. of Peter and Lucia (Kendrick) Hook, b. Sept. 9, 1850; a farmer and mechanic. One child, b. in Cornish: Merton Kendrick, b. June 29, 1878. He is an osteopathic physician and res. in
2. SAMUEL6 COMINGS (Samuel5, John4-3-2, Isaac1) eldest son of Samuel5 and Sarah (Spaulding) Comings, b. Nov. 18, 1742, in Westford, Mass.; m. first. Oct. 28. 1765, Sarah Butterfield, b. July 4, 1745, d. Aug. 31, 1804. There is nothing to show when he came to Cornish, as he remained away till all their children were
1. EPHRAIM1 COLE was b. June 14,1688; m.-, Sarah . She d. July 27, 1799, aged 93. They had several children, Ebenezer2 being one of them. He was b. in 1732, and d. Nov. 2, 1808. He m. Elizabeth Wheeler, b. in 1730 and d. Feb. 27, 1814. Their children were: 2. i. DANIEL, b.
12. WILLIS G.6 COLE (Geo. L.5, Daniel4-3, Ebenezer2, Ephraim1) was b. Nov. 21. 1848; m. first, June 9, 1870, Julia Almira Huggins of Cornish, dau. of Geo. W. and Paulina (Pryor) Huggins, b. Oct. 11, 1846, and d. March 11. 1880; m. second, June 29, 1880, Nizaula Bixby of Windsor. Lives on the homestead of
3. BENJAMIN6 COMINGS (Samuel5, John4-3-2, Isaac1) a brother of Samuel, b. March 28, 1755, in Westford, Mass.; m. Sept. 5, 1776, Mary Cooper, dau. of Dea. John and Mary (Sherman) Cooper, b. at Hardwick, Mass., July 20, 1753. Dea. Cooper moved from Hardwick to Cornish in 1769; and the next year to Croydon. Mary Cooper,
2. DANIEL3 COLE (Ebenezer2, Ephraim1) was b. in Plainfield, Conn., Sept. 19, 1755: m. Feb. 23, 1783, Edith Wilbur of R. I., b. June 15, 1760, and d. July 19, 1850. He served in the Revolutionary War, was in the battles of Trenton and Bemis Heights. Removed to Plainfield in 1784 where he d. June
ERASTUS O. COLE, b. Sept. 25, 1829, came to Cornish from So. Woodstock, Vt., in 1859. Entered the employ of Mrs. J. F. Sisson. then a wid., whom he m. in 1860. He was of no known relation to others of his name in town, except a brother who came later. He enlisted in the
4. WARREN COMINGS6 (Samuel5, John4-3-2, Isaac1) youngest son of Samuel5 and Sarah (Spaulding) Comings, b. Oct. 16, 1768, in Dunstable, Mass. Came to Cornish with his father; m. May 28, 1789, Mary Taylor of Cornish, dau. of Capt. Joseph and Elizabeth (Sumner) Taylor, b. Sept. 18, 1767, and d. Nov. 6, 1849, aged 82. He