4. THOMAS2 COBURN (Asa1) was b. Sept. 9. 1790; m. Feb. 11, 1817, Almira Stone of Cornish, dau. of Dea. Josiah and Hannah (Weld) Stone, b. Sept. 2. 1792, and d. Jan. 6. 1869. They lived in Potsdam, N. Y. Children: i. HORATIO NEWTON. b. Oct. 19, 1817: d. May 24, 1820. ii. HIRAM BREWSTER,
A partial transcription of the genealogies from the History of Cornish, New Hampshire. This is a work in progress, so check back monthly.
1. EPHRAIM1 COLE was b. June 14,1688; m.-, Sarah . She d. July 27, 1799, aged 93. They had several children, Ebenezer2 being one of them. He was b. in 1732, and d. Nov. 2, 1808. He m. Elizabeth Wheeler, b. in 1730 and d. Feb. 27, 1814. Their children were: 2. i. DANIEL, b.
12. WILLIS G.6 COLE (Geo. L.5, Daniel4-3, Ebenezer2, Ephraim1) was b. Nov. 21. 1848; m. first, June 9, 1870, Julia Almira Huggins of Cornish, dau. of Geo. W. and Paulina (Pryor) Huggins, b. Oct. 11, 1846, and d. March 11. 1880; m. second, June 29, 1880, Nizaula Bixby of Windsor. Lives on the homestead of
3. BENJAMIN6 COMINGS (Samuel5, John4-3-2, Isaac1) a brother of Samuel, b. March 28, 1755, in Westford, Mass.; m. Sept. 5, 1776, Mary Cooper, dau. of Dea. John and Mary (Sherman) Cooper, b. at Hardwick, Mass., July 20, 1753. Dea. Cooper moved from Hardwick to Cornish in 1769; and the next year to Croydon. Mary Cooper,
2. DANIEL3 COLE (Ebenezer2, Ephraim1) was b. in Plainfield, Conn., Sept. 19, 1755: m. Feb. 23, 1783, Edith Wilbur of R. I., b. June 15, 1760, and d. July 19, 1850. He served in the Revolutionary War, was in the battles of Trenton and Bemis Heights. Removed to Plainfield in 1784 where he d. June
ERASTUS O. COLE, b. Sept. 25, 1829, came to Cornish from So. Woodstock, Vt., in 1859. Entered the employ of Mrs. J. F. Sisson. then a wid., whom he m. in 1860. He was of no known relation to others of his name in town, except a brother who came later. He enlisted in the
4. WARREN COMINGS6 (Samuel5, John4-3-2, Isaac1) youngest son of Samuel5 and Sarah (Spaulding) Comings, b. Oct. 16, 1768, in Dunstable, Mass. Came to Cornish with his father; m. May 28, 1789, Mary Taylor of Cornish, dau. of Capt. Joseph and Elizabeth (Sumner) Taylor, b. Sept. 18, 1767, and d. Nov. 6, 1849, aged 82. He
3. STEPHEN3 COLE (Ebenezer2, Ephraim1) was b. ; m. , Mary Whitney, who d. Feb. 27, 1814. He d. Feb. 24, 1814. The husband and wife, and also his mother, Edith, all d. within three days of each other. Their children were: i. JASON, b. -; m. March 10, 1815, Miriam Plaistridge of Cornish,
JUSTUS O. COLE, a brother of Erastus came to town soon after his brother was m. and settled on the farm, since known as the Dea. Raymond farm. He with his wife remained there a number of years and then returned to Vt. They had two or three children. Had one dau. b. in town