4. THOMAS2 COBURN (Asa1) was b. Sept. 9. 1790; m. Feb. 11, 1817, Almira Stone of Cornish, dau. of Dea. Josiah and Hannah (Weld) Stone, b. Sept. 2. 1792, and d. Jan. 6. 1869. They lived in Potsdam, N. Y. Children: i. HORATIO NEWTON. b. Oct. 19, 1817: d. May 24, 1820. ii. HIRAM BREWSTER,
A partial transcription of the genealogies from the History of Cornish, New Hampshire. This is a work in progress, so check back monthly.
JOHN and JEMIMA COLE (pedigree unknown) lived in Cornish near the close of the 18th century. There is no trace of the family remaining on tombstone, or elsewhere, except the following list of children. The census of 1790 credits the family with three boys and one girl beside the parents. Children: i. BETSEY, b.
6. ANDREW7 COMINGS (Samuel6-5, John4-3-2, Isaac1) b. Oct. 9, 1776. Worked in his father’s mill from the age of fourteen till he was twenty-four, when he built a brick cottage house on a farm a mile east from his birthplace, where he spent most of his life. Beside farming, he worked at the carpenter’s trade.
5. DANIEL4 COLE (Daniel3, Ebenezer2, Ephraim1) was b. Dec. 16, 1792, in Plainfield. A prosperous farmer; m. first, Jan. 16, 1815, Martha Johnson of Cornish, dau. of Abel and Sarah E. (Chase) Johnson, b. in 1797, and d. March 2, 1832; m. second, Aug. 27, 1833, Mrs. Lucinda L. (Bryant) Avery, formerly of Cornish, dau.
BENJAMIN and EUNICE (PIERCE) COLE were m. in Cornish Aug. 21, 1788. Their pedigree is unknown. They had the following children, b. in Cornish: i. AMOS, b. June 26, 1789. ii. POLLY, b. June 28, 1791. iii. DANIEL, b. Feb. 8, 1793. The census of 1790 records one boy and one girl
6. EBENEZER4 COLE (Stephen3, Ebenezer2, Ephraim1) was b. Sept. 14, 1808; m. first, June 2, 1830, Mary Brewster Kimball of Cornish, dau. of Eliphalet and Selinda (Ripley) Kimball, b. Dec. 2. 1806, d. Nov. 29, 1854; m. second, Jan. 1. 1856, Rebecca Tracy of Cornish, dau. of Stephen and Betsey (Boardman) Tracy, b. Aug. 25,
CAPT. SETH COLE was b. Feb. 4, 1825, in Warren, R. I. He was the son of Elijah and Mary (Esterbrooks) Cole. In 1843 when but 18 years of age he commenced seafaring, which occupation he followed through the remainder of his life, with the exception of five or six years. His first five years
7. FRANK HOLBROOK5 COLE (Stephen4, Daniel3, Ebenezer2, Ephraim1) was b. Oct. 14, 1816; was the son of Dr. Stephen and Joa (Holbrook) Cole; m. Jan. 17, 1849, Julia C. Persons, b. March 30, 1829. Children, now living in Peru, N. Y.: i. JENNIE E., b. Nov. 20, 1849; m. Oct. 4, 1880, Clifton Dawson.
2. SETH RAYNSFORD2, COLE (Seth1) b. Feb. 11, 1851; m. first, June 12, 1873, Lettie Eliza Hook, a dau. of Moody and Eliza (Carroll) Hook, b. June 26, 1851; d. June 30, 1878; m. second, Dec. 31, 1884, Georgiana Weld, dau. of Maj. George and Maria (Chase) Weld, b. Dec. 31, 1860, d. April 27,