4. THOMAS2 COBURN (Asa1) was b. Sept. 9. 1790; m. Feb. 11, 1817, Almira Stone of Cornish, dau. of Dea. Josiah and Hannah (Weld) Stone, b. Sept. 2. 1792, and d. Jan. 6. 1869. They lived in Potsdam, N. Y. Children: i. HORATIO NEWTON. b. Oct. 19, 1817: d. May 24, 1820. ii. HIRAM BREWSTER,
A partial transcription of the genealogies from the History of Cornish, New Hampshire. This is a work in progress, so check back monthly.
5. DANIEL4 COLE (Daniel3, Ebenezer2, Ephraim1) was b. Dec. 16, 1792, in Plainfield. A prosperous farmer; m. first, Jan. 16, 1815, Martha Johnson of Cornish, dau. of Abel and Sarah E. (Chase) Johnson, b. in 1797, and d. March 2, 1832; m. second, Aug. 27, 1833, Mrs. Lucinda L. (Bryant) Avery, formerly of Cornish, dau.
BENJAMIN and EUNICE (PIERCE) COLE were m. in Cornish Aug. 21, 1788. Their pedigree is unknown. They had the following children, b. in Cornish: i. AMOS, b. June 26, 1789. ii. POLLY, b. June 28, 1791. iii. DANIEL, b. Feb. 8, 1793. The census of 1790 records one boy and one girl
6. EBENEZER4 COLE (Stephen3, Ebenezer2, Ephraim1) was b. Sept. 14, 1808; m. first, June 2, 1830, Mary Brewster Kimball of Cornish, dau. of Eliphalet and Selinda (Ripley) Kimball, b. Dec. 2. 1806, d. Nov. 29, 1854; m. second, Jan. 1. 1856, Rebecca Tracy of Cornish, dau. of Stephen and Betsey (Boardman) Tracy, b. Aug. 25,
CAPT. SETH COLE was b. Feb. 4, 1825, in Warren, R. I. He was the son of Elijah and Mary (Esterbrooks) Cole. In 1843 when but 18 years of age he commenced seafaring, which occupation he followed through the remainder of his life, with the exception of five or six years. His first five years
7. FRANK HOLBROOK5 COLE (Stephen4, Daniel3, Ebenezer2, Ephraim1) was b. Oct. 14, 1816; was the son of Dr. Stephen and Joa (Holbrook) Cole; m. Jan. 17, 1849, Julia C. Persons, b. March 30, 1829. Children, now living in Peru, N. Y.: i. JENNIE E., b. Nov. 20, 1849; m. Oct. 4, 1880, Clifton Dawson.
2. SETH RAYNSFORD2, COLE (Seth1) b. Feb. 11, 1851; m. first, June 12, 1873, Lettie Eliza Hook, a dau. of Moody and Eliza (Carroll) Hook, b. June 26, 1851; d. June 30, 1878; m. second, Dec. 31, 1884, Georgiana Weld, dau. of Maj. George and Maria (Chase) Weld, b. Dec. 31, 1860, d. April 27,
8. GEORGE L5 COLE (Daniel4-3, Ebenezer2, Ephraim1) was b. April 16, 1821; m. Sept. 14, 1846, Samantha Souther of Plainfield, dau. of David and Mary (Avery) Souther, b. May 11, 1828, d. Jan. 31, 1897. He was a farmer and lived in the north part of the town. He d. Nov. 1, 1893. Children: 12.
EDWARD W. COLLINS was b. in Paris, France, Dec. 25, 1813. No record obtained when he came to America. He came to Cornish from Croydon, in 1857 (?). He m. July 29, 1837, Delilah Forehand of Croydon, dau. of Christopher and Betsey (Walker) Forehand, b. June 11, 1819, and d. on Cornish Flat Sept. 29,