4. THOMAS2 COBURN (Asa1) was b. Sept. 9. 1790; m. Feb. 11, 1817, Almira Stone of Cornish, dau. of Dea. Josiah and Hannah (Weld) Stone, b. Sept. 2. 1792, and d. Jan. 6. 1869. They lived in Potsdam, N. Y. Children: i. HORATIO NEWTON. b. Oct. 19, 1817: d. May 24, 1820. ii. HIRAM BREWSTER,
A partial transcription of the genealogies from the History of Cornish, New Hampshire. This is a work in progress, so check back monthly.
8. GEORGE L5 COLE (Daniel4-3, Ebenezer2, Ephraim1) was b. April 16, 1821; m. Sept. 14, 1846, Samantha Souther of Plainfield, dau. of David and Mary (Avery) Souther, b. May 11, 1828, d. Jan. 31, 1897. He was a farmer and lived in the north part of the town. He d. Nov. 1, 1893. Children: 12.
EDWARD W. COLLINS was b. in Paris, France, Dec. 25, 1813. No record obtained when he came to America. He came to Cornish from Croydon, in 1857 (?). He m. July 29, 1837, Delilah Forehand of Croydon, dau. of Christopher and Betsey (Walker) Forehand, b. June 11, 1819, and d. on Cornish Flat Sept. 29,
9. DAN WHEELER5 COLE (Daniel4-3, Ebenezer2, Ephraim1) was b. in Plainfield Jan. 18, 1826; m. April 2, 1849, Philena A. Spencer of Plainfield, dau. of Archibald Spencer, b. in 1826 and d. Jan. 23, 1892. They came to Cornish in 1850 and settled on the Thomas Ayers place where they lived many years and then
The first known record of this name in this country is that of Isaac Comings spelled (Cumings). He came from Eng. or Scotland to this country about 1640. He and his descendants for several generations settled chiefly in the towns of eastern Mass. The direct line of those of his descendants who came to Cornish
10. JOHN MURRAY5 COLE (Daniel4-3, Ebenezer2, Ephraim1) was b. Aug. 3, 1836; m. May 5, 1860, Jane M. Bugbee. dau. of George and Eunice (Lamphire) Bugbee, b. Dec. 27, 1836. Have lived several years in Cornish and then rem. to Plainfield. A successful farmer. He d. in Lebanon Nov. 30, 1907. Children: i. GEORGE,
1. SAMUEL5 COMINGS, their fourth son was b. in Westford, Mass., Sept. 16, 1718; m. Dec. 1, 1741, Sarah Spaulding. She was b. June 9, 1723. They res. in Westford, Mass., several years and rem. to Dunstable, Mass., in 1757 and lived there till 1773, when they rem. to Cornish. He took a deed of
11. WILBUR WYMAN5 COLE (Daniel4-3, Ebenezer2, Ephraim1) was b. May 24, 1851; m. July 1, 1873, Clara Ella Hook of Cornish, dau. of Peter and Lucia (Kendrick) Hook, b. Sept. 9, 1850; a farmer and mechanic. One child, b. in Cornish: Merton Kendrick, b. June 29, 1878. He is an osteopathic physician and res. in
2. SAMUEL6 COMINGS (Samuel5, John4-3-2, Isaac1) eldest son of Samuel5 and Sarah (Spaulding) Comings, b. Nov. 18, 1742, in Westford, Mass.; m. first. Oct. 28. 1765, Sarah Butterfield, b. July 4, 1745, d. Aug. 31, 1804. There is nothing to show when he came to Cornish, as he remained away till all their children were